2 cups medjool dates, pits removed
1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp flax seeds
3 tbsp hemp seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup almond butter (the runny kind is best)
handful of 70% dark chocolate chips or chunks
1. Puree the medjool dates in a food processor to make a date paste.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, then add the date paste and almond butter.
3. Use a large spoon, spatula or your hands and mix everything together until incorporated.
4. Add the chocolate chips and mix them in.
5. Line an 8×8 inch pan with baking paper and spoon the mixture into the pan. Use your hands to evenly press it down into the pan.
6. Place in the fridge to set for 4 hours, then remove and cut into even bars or squares.
These bars are simple to make ( which we like ) yet packed with nutritious ingredients and great for an afternoon snack